Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Release Day Blitz: Redemptive (Combative Trilogy 2) by Jay McLean

redemptive-fb-cover-available-now

RELEASE DAY BLITZ

Title: Redemptive (Combative Trilogy 2)

Author: Jay McLean

Release Day: March 8


Redemptive E-book

PURCHASE LINKS:

COMBATIVE (BOOK 1) ON SALE FOR 99c


Redemptive Wrap

BLURB

It's said that your life flashes before your eyes when you die.
It must only happen to those whose lives were worthy.
Clearly, mine was not.

The only thing that happened to me was a repeat of what I thought was my death.
The blast of the gun as it went off.
The loss of my breath as two hundred pounds of dead weight dropped on top of me.
And then darkness.
This replayed over and over.

When the guy squatted down next to me and asked if I was hurt, the only thing I could see, feel,
hear, were those few seconds.
Even now, as I sat in the back of a blacked out van—it was the only thing that ran through my mind.
Gunshot, breath, darkness.

 redemptive-square-LIVE

GOODREADS LINK:




3.5 Stars
There were so many questions after I read Combative that left me wondering who is Madison/Bailey. How is she connected to Nate and where does this leave her and Ky? And seriously, why is she a bit odd? And once I started to dive into the second installment in this series, Redemptive, it still left me hanging for more!

As always, this author knows how to keep your attention from the start. The writing in this series is a mix of suspense, mysterious and some romance. This book takes place six years earlier, where we learn how Nate and Bailey are connected, but it doesn't quite answer most of my questions. But we do learn a little more about the mysterious past of Bailey and that made me like her even more (and why she was so strange in Combative). Her story broke my heart, but how she ended up in Nate's life is an interesting twist. 

And Nate DeLuca became a character that I started to like and understand more in this book. Previously, in the last read, we all assumed Nate was the bad guy, but getting his story now, makes me question..is he really a bad guy?
 
So don't expect and happy ending in Redemptive. Just yet. This book will take you in the past and make you question where will the next book take you? With Ky? or with Nate? And now I'm torn between these two male characters. Ky was damaged and just looking for a fresh start, and Nate...oh Nate, I'm thinking I like him more. Overall, Redemptive is a read that will surprise you with new twists and more questions!
 
Redemptive-Teaser-3

Redemptive-teaser-LIVE

AUTHOR BIO

Bio_pic 

Jay McLean is an international best-selling author and full-time reader, writer of New Adult Romance, and most of all, procrastinator. When she’s not doing any of those things, she can be found running after her two little boys, playing house and binge watching Netflix. She writes what she loves to read, which are books that can make her laugh, make her hurt and make her feel.

Jay lives in the suburbs of Melbourne, Australia, in a forever half-done home where music is loud and laughter is louder.

AUTHOR LINKS 

Facebook | Fan Group | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Newsletter |



redemptive-fb-cover-REVIEW

No comments:

Post a Comment