Friday, February 22, 2019

The Last Letter Rebecca Yarros

Beckett,

If you’re reading this, well, you know the last-letter drill. You made it. I didn’t. Get off the guilt train, because I know if there was any chance you could have saved me, you would have.

I need one thing from you: get out of the army and get to Telluride.

My little sister Ella’s raising the twins alone. She’s too independent and won’t accept help easily, but she has lost our grandmother, our parents, and now me. It’s too much for anyone to endure. It’s not fair.

And here’s the kicker: there’s something else you don’t know that’s tearing her family apart. She’s going to need help.

So if I’m gone, that means I can’t be there for Ella. I can’t help them through this. But you can. So I’m begging you, as my best friend, go take care of my sister, my family.

Please don’t make her go through it alone.

Ryan
 





5 Stars


Where are my tissues? You will need tissues for this heartbreaking and heartwarming read. This is the first book, I've read from this author and now a BIG fan. And honestly, The Last Letter, is one of the best reads so far in 2019!


I don't even know where to start. Just the synopsis alone breaks you. I knew going into this it was going to be an emotional roller-coaster. The way the author shares the past into the present story line is seamless. The characters' emotions were raw and honest. I felt every heartbreak in these letters between Ella and Beckett (Chaos). 

Becket and Ella were pen-pals - I don't want to spoil the story, but these two formed a relationship over the years through letters. And when tragedy strikes Ella life, Beckett is there for her. But there are so many secrets between these two,  you don't know if they will be able to overcome everything.

I could not get enough of this book. I can re-read it over and over and still have the same feeling of sadness, hope and love. A fantastic read!

No comments:

Post a Comment