Friday, September 26, 2014

ARC Review: With the Father by Jenni Moen


I had a choice, and I chose wrong.

I thought I lost everything. But when the smoke finally cleared, I discovered that I wasn't alone. 

Father Sullivan was a force – a living and breathing force, a forbidden desire I couldn't resist. I didn't want to resist. But I wasn’t the only one who wanted him, and by all accounts neither of us should have him.

I had decisions to make, secrets to uncover. Both would tear my heart, my life, and what was left of my family apart.

I wasn't going to take any chances this time around. If I’d learned one thing during my life, it’s that death is the only certainty. It’s a matter of when, not if. 

For every action, there is a reaction. For every choice, a consequence. If I hadn’t chosen to live again, I would have never known what life could be like … 

With the Father.

5 Holy Stars!

Seriously. This book is a total mindf*ck. By the end of this book, I was screaming "WHAT? I hate this book!" But a few minutes after I calmed down and really thought about what just happened; my only thought was--this book is freaking BRILLIANT!

This book was highly recommended  by a fellow book blogger friend--she said "you must read this!" At first, I was hesitant--it just seemed a bit too taboo. But wow, I can't even begin to tell you how much this book surprised me. It's hard not to spill and spoil this book...so I won't! 


With the Father is filled with insane twists, turns and many OMFG moments. It  makes you step back and think about a lot of "what ifs." "What if" that happened? "What if" that didn't happen?  This book is a beautiful, yet heartbreaking story at the same time. I was completely  invested with each of the characters throughout this book. 

There's nothing more I can say, but please take time to read this! Add it to your TBR.  

Bravo to the the author, Jenni Moen. I can't wait to read more from you!


Follow Author Jenni Moen on Facebook | Goodreads | Website


No comments:

Post a Comment